Whatever are you doing on World Diabetes Day, take just a moment to consider the facts behind the campaign:
• Every 10 seconds a person does from diabetes-related causes.
• Every 10 seconds two people develop diabetes.
• Over 250 million people live with diabetes worldwide.
• Over 500,000 children under age 15 worldwide live with type 1 diabetes.
• Type 1 diabetes is increasing fastest in pre-school children, at a rate of 5% each year.
• Type 2 diabetes had been reported in children as young as eight.
• Type 2 diabetes affects children in both developed and developing countries.
For more information visit: