-- Arnold Bennet
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Wow, my poor blog has been so neglected of late. Most of my stitching has been a model I did for Country Cottage Needleworks and a few little projects of goodies I've made for my grandson Izaiah. With our trip to Texas around the corner I've been busy coordinating things for our visit and trying to spend some quality time with my family. Just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for it all. Things should settle down once we return from San Antonio and my daughter moves into her new apartment. With the cooler weather upon us I'll be spending more time at home and hence my stitching should increase. Heck, I'm optimistic...LOL!
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Having four days off was just delightful! Hubby took the day off on Friday with me and we spent my birthday together. We had breakfast out, did some shopping and basically enjoyed our time together. That evening my family took me out to dinner to one of my favorite restaurants, Habana Cuba in San Jose. I received a beautiful torquoise necklace from my daughter and she also plotted with her brother to have a formal photo taken of me with my grandson while I'm in San Antonio later this month. Patrick really took me by surprise by getting me an iPad which I been longing for since it was first released by Apple.
I had a complete day of shopping with my daughter on Saturday which was so much fun. While we do have different styles it's uncanny how well we know each other's taste. Oh boy can she spot a bargain! LOL!
The rest of the weekend was quiet with time to indulge in some reading and stitching (which I can't share since it was a model). A very nice birthday weekend indeed.
Friday, September 3, 2010
• Marian Anderson becomes 1st black singer to perform at Met (New York City)
• 1st Presidential news conference filmed for TV (Eisenhower)
• McGuire Sisters "Sincerely" single goes for #1 and stays there for 1o weeks
• President Eisenhower sends 1st U.S. advisors to South Vietnam
• Elvis Presley's 1st TV appearance on "Louisiana Hayride" show
• Patty Berg wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship
• Tennessee Williams, "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" opens for 694 performances
• Steve McQueen makes his network YV debut (Goodyear Playhouse)
• Winston Churchill resigns as British Prime Minister
• Dr. Jonas Salk successfully tests Polio vaccine
• Elston Howard becomes 1st black to wear the Yankee uniform
• Ray Kroc starts McDonald's chain of fast food restaurants in Illinois
• Congress orders all U.S. coins bear motto "In God We Trust"
• Heavyweight Rocky Marciano KOs Don Cockell in San Francisco
• Presbyterian Church begins accepting women ministers
• Supreme Court orders school integration "with all deliberate speed"
• "$64,000 Question" premieres on CBS TV
• New York Yankee Mickey Mantle hits 550' home run off Chicago Bill Pierce
• Walt Disney's "Lady and the Tramp" released
• Johnny Carson Show debuts on CBS-TV
• Lawrence Welk Show premieres on ABC
• Billy Haley and Comets "Rock Around the Clock" tops billboard chart
• Disneyland opens its doors in rural Orange County
• President Eisenhower raises minimum wage from 75 cents to $1 an hour
• Guinness Book of World Record 1st published
• "Honeymooners" premieres
• "Mickey Mouse Club" premieres
• Average house was $22,000
• Milk was 92 cents
• Gas was 23 cents
• Postage stamp was 3 cents
• The famous "Don't Walk" signs are introduced to the streets of NYC
• Johnson & Johnson invents the first "baby shampoo" No More Tears!
I was born in New York City (Bronx) on September 3, 1955 to Luz Selenia Perez and Santos Alfonso Pagan.