Tuesday, July 24, 2012

LHN, CCN...and me

I realized today that I've been a model stitcher for Little House Needleworks and Country Cottage Needleworks for five years. Happy Anniversary to us! Little did I know when I was asked by Diane Williams of LHN to stitch my first model that it would endure all this time. The funny part is I was terrified to do it but also extremely excited. Back then all my stitching had been done on Aida cloth and the first model I did for her, Fruit Gameboards, was on a large count fabric that was easy to handle. From that moment she had me, so when she talked me into trying a new model on linen I took the challenge and the rest is history. To date I've done almost 25 pieces (and even have one in progress...shhh!) I gather my work is pleasing since Diane also recommended me to her daughter, Nikki Leeman of Country Cottage Needleworks and I've done a few model pieces for her too. I was even lucky enough to met Diane and Nikki (and Sharon of Crescent Colors) in person when I made a trip to Arizona. We have forged a good friendship and partnership which I hope will last for many years to come.
My first model for LHN, Fruit Gameboards

18 comments:

Julianne said...

Milly,

Your stitching and Diane's designs go together like strawberries and cream! Beautiful and lucious!

Diane Williams said...

Milly it has been a huge blessing to have you in my life. Not only as a model stitcher but as a friend!

stitchesnscraps said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Between all you ladies, there is definitely some lovelynstitching going on!

Melissa J.

Country Cottage Needleworks said...

Milly, you have been such a huge help and supporter to both my mom and myself. Thank you for all you do! And here's to many more years working together!

mdgtjulie said...

Grats Milly. That's the kind of thing you want to celebrate!! Good for you!

And This Little Pig said...

Congratulations five years. Wow! And they have been wonderful year, you are both so lucky to have found each other :@

LiBBiE in Oz

Sunshine said...

Congrats & Happy Anniversary!

Vicky L said...

congratulations!!

Joy said...

Happy Anniversary Milly!! It is always a blessing with something you enjoy doing blossoms into something grand. Congrats hon...you deserve it!

Девушка с пяльцами said...

Happy Anniversary, Milly! Your stitchings are great!

Irene said...

Happy Stitching Anniversary !!
Can't believe it's been five years.

cucki said...

Congratulations dear xxx

Rita said...

Happy anniversary!

Jackie said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you all. You all make an awesome team and Thanks for you do.
Jackie

Denise SA said...

Congratulations and may you long continue to stitch new model charts.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy Anniversary! Your stitching is absolutely beautiful!

Patty C. said...

Beautiful work! You are so talented ;)

MaryT said...

Happy Anniversary Milly. Your stitching is just beautiful and I do like the first piece that you stitched:)