Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekly Update

It was another busy week but I managed to make some progress on my projects. I worked on Rose Hill Plantation by Little House Needleworks and this is what I have so far. I'm stitching this on a piece of hand-dyed 14 count Aida I had in my stash. The fabric was a gift from my friend Jeanine and I've had it for almost 7 years. Guess it was time.
Last week I posted my WIPs and decided to tackle them one at a time until there are finished. Here is my progress on the Gameboard Sampler by Drawn Thread. As you can see I don't have much to go now. I realized when I took this photo that is project is almost 3 years old.
When I'm finished with Rose Hill Plantation I plan to start on a baby sampler for my grandson. I've chosen (with the help of my daughter in law Julie), A Child Is Born by My Big Toe Design.
On a personal note I was very saddened to learn of the passing of my best friend's mom. Esther and I have been friends since we were 16 and I spent lots of time at her house, so her mom was like a second mother to me. I'm so going to miss my dear mama Dolly.

17 comments:

JessB said...

Love the fabric for RoseHill! I just acquired that pattern too. The game board looks good and is close to being done. Keep stitchin'!

Vickie said...

Wow. Rose Hill is beautiful. I love the fabric you chose. Your BAP is coming along nicely...you will get it done soon.

DUSTY said...

Hi Milly, looks like you have had busy needles. Rose Hill looks great as well as the gameboard. I like the birth sampler that you are going to start. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Sherry said...

Everything is lovely!

Colleen said...

You are doing great on your projects! Can't wait to see the next updates!!! (((hugs)))

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching, as always.

I'm very sorry to hear of our friend's mother's death.

Unknown said...

Beautiful stitching!!! You are almost done with The Gameboard!!! YEAH!!! One day I'll have time to pull mine back out! LOL! Rose Hill looks awesome!

Mel said...

Looking good! :)

Vicki in CO said...

Very nice stitching. I just love the gameboard. And of course, Rose Hill is gorgeous--love the fabric.

Brenda Lou said...

I'm sorry to hear about Mama Dolly!!

Great stitching, honey! Love new baby's sampler :)

Carolyn NC said...

Sorry to hear about your mother's friend. Your stitching and fabrics are awesome!

DJ said...

So sorry to hear of your friend's Mom. Sending hugs and prayers your way! Love your stitching!! *Hugs*

Gayle said...

Love the progress on Rose Hill. You will have such satisfation when it is done.

Littlebit said...

Rose Hill is so pretty. Sorry to hear about your friend's mom...

Sandy's Cross Stitch said...

Nice progress Sweetie.

Stitcher said...

My sympathies on the passing of your friend's mother and your "second mother". :o(

Your stitching is lovely as always, Milly!

xoxo

pj said...

Keep working on your Gameboard MIlly. I finished mine last year and just love to look at it. I put it in a large black glassed box and it is gorgeous! Some day it may have table legs. Great work. pj